JINR initiates a new series of scientific meetings, the Round Tables, aimed at promoting applied research at NICA.
NICA (Nuclotron based Ion Collider fAcility) is a new accelerator complex being constructed at the international intergovernmental organization Joint Institute for Nuclear Research to study properties of dense baryonic matter. NICA team is also intended to launch an internationally visible user programme for applied research with ion beams focused on but not limited to biomedical applications, radiation materials science and nuclear power technology issues.
The first International Round Table on Applied Research and Innovations @ NICA will be held on 15-16 September 2021 in Dubna as a hybrid event combining a major virtual component with a limited in-person presence of local participants. It will address a broad range of research topics with regards to future experiments at newly constructed beamlines.
The meeting will feature invited talks on the following particular topics:
- Extending the application of particle accelerators in research and industry;
- Heavy ion facilities for life science and medicine;
- Bioethics and animal use in experiments at heavy ion facilities;
- Space radiation protection research;
- Material science with heavy ions;
- Radiation hardness control of electronic components for space application;
- Radiation research and developments to solve the nuclear waste problem;
- NICA user programme at the international landscape.
The programme of the meeting will also include a hybrid round table discussions on the most requested directions of the envisaged user programme for applied research at NICA with the final aim to estimate the level of interest of user community to newly available options. The Round Table is expected to be attended by visible experts in related fields of applied research with ion beams as well as will reflect the capacity of JINR’s interlaboratory cooperation.
The virtual sessions of the Round Table will be held with the Zoom videoconferencing platform. The direct link to join the event remotely will be available at the Connection Details page.