Experimental study of properties of atomic nuclei
- Neutron-rich nuclei of lightest elements;
- Nuclei far from stability valley;
- Synthesis of superheavy elements;
- Giant resonances;
- Multiphonon and multi-quasiparticle states of nuclei;
- High-spin and superdeformed states of nuclei;
- Beta decays of nuclei.
Experimental study of mechanisms of nuclear reactions
- Reactions with beams of radioactive nuclei;
- Reactions with polarized particles;
- Reactions with heavy ions;
- Fusion and fission of nuclei;
- Multifragmentation of nuclei;
- Reactions with neutrons and ultracold neutrons;
- Reactions induced by elementary particles.
Theory of atomic nucleus and fundamental interactions
- Nuclear many-body problem;
- Microscopic description of collective degrees of freedom and their interaction with single-particle degrees of freedom;
- Theory of systems with small number of particles;
- Nonlinear nuclear dynamics;
- Meson and quark degrees of freedom in nuclei, mesoatoms;
- Hypernuclei and other exotic systems;
- Double beta decay and neutrino mass problem;
- Interaction of nucleus with atomic shell electrons;
- Verification of theories of elementary particle interaction and conservation laws;
- Nuclear and particle physics applied to astrophysical objects.
Theory of nuclear reactions
- Theory of direct and statistical nuclear reactions, theory of multiple scattering;
- Theory of reactions involving clusters and heavy ions;
- Theory of relativistic nuclear collisions;
- Theory of polarization phenomena in nuclear reactions;
- Theory of proton, two-proton, cluster radioactivity and fission of nuclei.
Application of nuclear physics methods in related fields of science and technology
- Prospects for development of nuclear medicine;
- Nuclear physics research methods in field of nanophysics and nanotechnology;
- Radiation technologies for micro- and nanoelectronics and production of new materials;
- Problems of radiation reliability and radiation resistance of microelectronics products and spacecraft systems.